I like to call Medicare Part A “The Accommo- dations” part of Medicare.
If you went on vacation and stayed at your brother’s house in Miami for one week, your brother’s house would be your“accommodations.” Staying overnight at your brother’s house would also provide you with necessary services –
- Using the toilet
- Eating meals
- OTC Medications you may need
- A bed to sleep in
Medicare Part A provides similar services – and more, while staying overnight at a
- Skilled Nursing Facility
Medicare Part A has a deductible when you are an inpatient in the hospital. Each year the deductible may change. In the episode, the deductible was $1,216.00. Currently, the deductible is $1,260.00. Starting in 2016, it may change again.
In this episode, you will also learn:
- How to qualify for Medicare Part A
- If you don’t qualify how to “Buy-In” to Medicare Part A
You will also learn:
- The Services covered under Part A
- A helpful phrase to help you remember Part A Services
Links mentioned: www.medicare.gov www.callsamm.com